You’ll find that today several pages on the site have been updated, for example giving names of expected preachers for the next couple of months, but that is not the big news.
We can now say publicly what has steadily been leaking out over recent weeks, that after 143 years in the meeting room on Mellbecks we are moving.
The former Congregational Chapel (built in 1864) has for many years been a retail emporium and coffee shop but the owners are retiring. Planning permission has been obtained for its reversion to serving a a place of worship, and we are grateful to God that the funds for the purchase have been raised. The legal process for the purchase is currently ongoing.
These are exiting times for the church. We have been struggling with what is now inadequate accommodation for some years and we look forward to what the Lord is going to do among us and through us as we move from a rather hidden lane to the heart of Market Street. Please pray that God will be glorified.