We were recently given a painting showing the Gospel Hall as it was before the extension was built on the front. Some may remember it. Others may be interested.
The painting clearly shows that the building was originally two cottages. Back in 1876 when the church first started to use it as a meeting room there was no garage on the lefthand side, and no house to the right. They both came later. The then owner, Mr. Harker of the Manor House, allowed it to be used rent-free, and that continued for the next 75 years until a later Mr. Harker presented the building as a gift to the church.