We were recently given a painting showing the Gospel Hall as it was before the extension was built on the front. Some may remember it. Others may be interested.
The painting clearly shows that the building was originally two cottages. Back in 1876 when the church first started to use it as a meeting room there was no garage on the lefthand side, and no house to the right. They both came later. The then owner, Mr. Harker of the Manor House, allowed it to be used rent-free, and that continued for the next 75 years until a later Mr. Harker presented the building as a gift to the church.
For our 6.30 p.m. Bible Teaching service on the next three Sunday evenings David Murray will be looking at three passages of the New Testament which, each in its own special way, present the greatness and glory of Christ.
10th March – John’s Gospel 1:1-18 – “The Word made Flesh”
17th March – Colossians 1:15-20 – “Image of the Invisible God”
24th March – Hebrews ch.1 – “The Outshining of His Glory”
Our Lord Jesus Christ was truly human, but also much more than a man. In these three passages we’ll see something of the infinite greatness of the Son of God, our Saviour.
Note: A series on the Church at Thessalonica was previously mentioned. This will hopefully follow later in the year.
We had a great evening yesterday with our visitors from The Faith Mission college in Edinburgh. The hall was packed, with extra seats put out at the back. Both the interviews with students and the preaching by John Townend challenged us to live lives of commitment to Christ.